Alerts & Notifications
Sentry notifications are broadly categorized into alerts and non-alert notifications. Alerts can be sent to many supported integrations. Non-alert notifications only go to email.
Issue Alerts warn you about problematic individual Sentry Issues. An issue alert fires once for every issue that matches its conditions.
Metric Alerts allow you to filter, aggregate, and set thresholds across all events in your project, regardless of the Sentry Issue.
Use Metric Alerts to:
- Alert on service-level metrics. Is my service affecting more than X users?
- Alert on events across issues. How many errors on the signup page?
- Alert when a metric goes below a threshold. For example, when the number of active users has drastically dropped.
- Create alerts more quickly and intuitively, using a visual interface that allows you to explore and refine.
For more details, see the full documentation on Metric Alerts.
Use Issue Alerts to:
- Alert when an individual issue is problematic. Any new bug on the checkout page? Any single issue affecting more than X users?
- Alert on issue-specific concepts. For example, new issues and regressions.
- Combine multiple conditions with the
- Alert based on Issue Owner rules.
For more details about Issue Alerts, see the full documentation on Issue Alerts.
Non-alert notifications are all other types of Sentry notifications such as:
- Workflow notifications - Activity involving user actions and state changes on issues and alerts. This includes things like resolution, assignment, comments, and regressions.
- Deploy notifications - When a release is deployed, Sentry automatically sends an email to users who have committed to the release.
- Quota & Usage notifications - Emails about quota approaching/exceeded and spike protection
For more details, see the full documentation on Notifications.