Vercel is an all-in-one platform with Global CDN supporting static and JAMstack deployment and Serverless Functions. Connect your Sentry and Vercel projects to automatically upload source maps and notify Sentry of release deployment. To learn more about using Sentry in your Next.js app, check out the Next.js SDK.
This integration needs to set up only once per organization, then it is available for all projects.
Select your account and click "Add".
Use Vercel to link projects for uploading source maps and notifiying Sentry of release deployment.
Select a Sentry project and a Vercel project to link together.
- This step will generate environment variables in the selected Vercel project. Having these set means you can skip the CLI Configuration step in the Sentry Webpack Plugin setup. You can see these in Vercel in Project Settings > General > Environment Variables.
SENTRY_ORG- the name of your Sentry organization
SENTRY_PROJECT- the name of your linked Sentry project
SENTRY_AUTH_TOKEN- the auth token from the Vercel Internal Integration that was created upon installation
NEXT_PUBLIC_SENTRY_DSN- the linked Sentry project's DSN
VERCEL_BITBUCKET_COMMIT_SHA- your source code provider's commit SHA, used for creating releases and associating commits
Redeploy your Vercel project in order to trigger a release.
- If you have not already done so, instrument your code with Sentry.
- Ensure you have installed a repository integration and added the relevant repository.
- Add the Sentry Webpack Plugin to your Webpack configuration. For Next.js apps, if you followed the
@sentry/nextjsset-up guide, this will already have been done.
- If you already have a Vercel project integrated with Sentry, ensure the Sentry project you link is the one you're already using to report errors.
The integration must be uninstalled from Vercel. Visit the Vercel integration configuration page (Organization Settings > Integrations > Vercel > Configurations) and click "Uninstall" then "Visit Vercel" in the modal that pops up.
Click "Remove Configuration".
Delete the internal integration that was created by navigating to Organization Settings > Developer Settings and clicking the trash can icon next to Vercel Internal Integration. You will be prompted to confirm the deletion by entering a string provided in the modal. Enter the string and click "Confirm" to finalize the deletion.
This issue typically occurs if you have an ad blocker blocking the conversation between Vercel and Sentry during setup. To remediate the issue, disable your ad blocker and go through the installation flow again.