Vercel is the platform for frontend developers, providing the speed and reliability innovators need to create at the moment of inspiration. Connect your Sentry and Vercel projects to automatically upload source maps and notify Sentry of every deployment. To learn more about using Sentry in your Next.js app, check out the Next.js SDK.
Sentry owner, manager, or admin permissions are required to install this integration.
Click "Add Integration" and follow the setup to select the Vercel scope, the Vercel projects, and review the app's permissions.
Use Vercel to link projects for uploading source maps and notifiying Sentry of release deployment.
When prompted by the installer, select a Sentry project and a Vercel project to link together.
- This step will generate environment variables in the selected Vercel project. Having these set means you can skip the CLI Configuration step in the Sentry Webpack Plugin setup. You can see these in Vercel in Project Settings > General > Environment Variables.
SENTRY_ORG- the name of your Sentry organization
SENTRY_PROJECT- the name of your linked Sentry project
SENTRY_AUTH_TOKEN- the authtokenIn search, a key-value pair or raw search term. Also, a value used for authorization.from the Vercel Internal Integration that was created upon installation
NEXT_PUBLIC_SENTRY_DSN- the linked Sentry project's DSN
VERCEL_BITBUCKET_COMMIT_SHA- your source code provider's commit SHA, used for creating releases and associating commits
Redeploy your Vercel project in order to trigger a release.
- If you have not already done so, instrument your code with Sentry.
- Ensure you have installed a repository integration and added the relevant repository.
- Add the Sentry Webpack Plugin to your Webpack configuration. For Next.js apps, if you followed the
@sentry/nextjsset-up guide, this will already have been done.
- If you already have a Vercel project integrated with Sentry, ensure the Sentry project you link is the one you're already using to report errors.
You can uninstall the integration from Vercel or Sentry. To do so in Sentry, navigate to Settings > Integrations > Vercel > Configurations, click "Uninstall", and confirm.
Delete the internal integration that was created by navigating to Settings > Developer Settings and clicking the trash can icon next to "Vercel Internal Integration". You will be prompted to confirm the deletion by entering a string provided in the modal. Enter the string and click "Confirm" to finalize the deletion:
This issue typically occurs if you have an ad blocker blocking the conversation between Vercel and Sentry during setup. To remediate the issue, disable your ad blocker and go through the installation flow again.