Connect errors from Sentry with your Jira Server issues.
Installing Jira Server with Sentry
I. Generate an RSA public/private key pair
Complete the instructions in the section titled Generate an RSA public/private key pair in these Jira docs. You’ll need your public and private keys for later in the process.
II. Create a new application link in Jira
- In Jira, click the gear icon > Applications > Application Links.
- Enter the following as the application URL:
- Click Create New Link. If you see a warning that “No response was received from the URL you entered”, ignore and click Continue.
In the resulting dialog, fill out the form as follows:
Application Name Sentry Application Type Generic Application Service Provider Name Sentry Consumer Key (your choice, but keep this handy for the next step) Shared Secret sentry Request Token URL https://sentry.io Access Token URL https://sentry.io Authorize URL https://sentry.io Create Incoming Link Yes
- Click Continue.
- On the next screen of the dialog, enter into the form the consumer key from the previous step,
Sentryas the consumer name, and the public key created in Section I.
- Click Continue. You should now see an application link called Sentry.
III. Connect your Jira Server application with Sentry
- In Sentry, navigate to Organization Settings > Integrations.
- Next to Jira Server, click Install.
- In the resulting modal, click Add Installation.
- In the resulting window, enter the base URL for your Jira Server instance, your consumer key, and your private key. Click Submit. Then, complete the OAuth process as prompted.
- In Sentry, you’ll see a new Jira Server instance appear on the Integrations page.
Jira should now be authorized for all projects under your Sentry organization.
Issue tracking allows you to create Jira issues from within Sentry, and link Sentry issues to existing Jira Issues.
To configure Issue management, once you’ve navigated to a specific Sentry issue, you’ll find the Linked Issues section on the right hand panel.
Here, you’ll be able to create or link Jira issues.
Sync comments, assignees and status updates for issues in Sentry to Jira, to minimize duplication. When you delegate an issue to an assignee or update a status on Jira, the updates will also populate in Sentry. When you resolve an issue in Sentry, it will automatically update in Jira.
To configure Issue sync, navigate to Organization Settings > Integrations, and click Configure next to your Jira Server instance. On the following page, you’ll see options of what information you’d like synced between Sentry and Jira.