User membership in Sentry is handled at the organizational level. The system is designed so each user has a single Sentry account, which can then join one or more organizations. Each user should have their own account, where they can manage their personal preferences, including notification and security settings.
|Can see/edit billing information and subscription details||X||X|
|Can view and act on issues, such as assigning/resolving/etc.||X||X||X||X|
|Can join and leave teams.||X||X||X||X|
|Can change Project Settings||X||X||X|
|Can add/remove projects*||X||X||X|
|Can edit Global Integrations||X||X||X|
|Can add/remove/change members||X||X|
|Can add/remove teams*||X||X||X|
|Can add Repositories||X||X||X|
|Can delete Repositories||X|
|Can change Organization Settings||X||X|
|Can remove an Organization||X|
Member roles dictate access within an organization.
- Unrestricted access to the organization, its data, and settings.
- Can add, modify, and delete projects and members, as well as make billing and plan changes.
- Can delete an organization.
- Gains admin access on all teams.
- Can add and remove members from the organization.
- Admin access only on teams they’re a member of.
- Can create new teams and projects, as well as remove teams and projects they’re a member of.
- Can view and act on events, as well as view most other data within the organization.
- Can manage subscription and billing details.
Open membership is enabled by default, which allows members to join, leave, and add other members to teams.
- Access to a Project is limited to the Team that owns the project. However, with open membership, members can join and add members to teams.
- To further restrict access to a Project, you can control access to Teams by making them accessible only through invitation by a Manager, Owner, or Team Admin.
To restrict Team access, go to Organization Settings and flip the “Open Membership” toggle.
Transferring a project
To transfer a project go to the target project’s Project Settings » General Settings » Transfer Project. Enter the email of the organization’s owner you wish to transfer it to, and they’ll receive an email to approve the transfer. When the project is transferred to the new organization, it’s recommended to add it to a team for better visibility.
Removing an Organization
It is possible to remove an organization and all associated organization data completely. Doing so will not remove user accounts, but will remove their membership in the organization.
To remove an organization visit the Organizations General Settings and locate the “Remove Organization” panel. Clicking the “Remove Organization” button will prompt you for confirmation. After removing an organization, it will be queued for deletion.