The easiest way to configure uploading source maps is by using the Sentry Wizard:
npx @sentry/wizard@latest -i sourcemaps
The wizard will guide you through the following steps:
- Logging into Sentry and selecting a projectRepresents your service in Sentry and allows you to scope events to a distinct application.
- Installing the necessary Sentry packages
- Configuring your build tool to generate and upload source maps
- Configuring your CI to upload source maps
If you want to configure source maps upload manually, follow the guide for your bundler or build tool below.
- TypeScript (tsc)If you're using one of webpack, Vite, Rollup or Esbuild, use the corresponding Sentry plugin instead (see section "Sentry Bundler Support").
- GitHub Actions
If you're not using one of these tools, we assume you already know how to generate source maps with your toolchain and we recommend you upload them using Sentry CLI.
- Using sentry-cli to Upload Source Maps
- 4 Reasons Why Your Source Maps Are Broken
- Debug Your Node.js Projects with Source Maps
Our documentation is open source and available on GitHub. Your contributions are welcome, whether fixing a typo (drat!) to suggesting an update ("yeah, this would be better").