Profiles are not showing up
If you don't see any profiling data in sentry.io, you can try the following:
- Ensure that performance monitoring is enabled.
- Ensure that the automatic instrumentation is sending performance data to Sentry by going to the Performance page in sentry.io.
- If the automatic instrumentation is not sending performance data, try using custom instrumentation.
- Enable debug mode in the SDK and check the logs.
- If the transactions happen too soon after
Sentry.Init(), they may not be captured yet. This is because the
Sentry.ProfilingNuGet package initializes asynchronously by default. If you'd like to initialize it synchronously, set the desired timeout constructor argument, e.g.
new ProfilingIntegration(TimeSpan.FromMilliseconds(500))to wait up to 500 ms for the profiler to start up. Note: this doesn't apply to iOS and Mac Catalyst which use native profiling and are initialized synchronously.
- Maybe you're trying to capture profiles on a platform that is currently not supported, notably:
- .NET Framework; we only support .NET 6.0, .NET 7.0 and .NET 8.0
- Native AOT - this is only supported for iOS and Mac Catalyst (alongside the standard Mono AOT)
- Android - currently not supported at all
Some frames will show up as
unknown in the UI. This is because the SDK does not have information about the stack frame. Usually, these are anonymous helper JIT-generated methods and present among
System stack frames.