The Sentry .NET SDK directly targets the following platforms:
- .NET 5, and .NET 6
- Platform-specific versions of .NET 6 for Android, iOS, and MacCatalyst
- .NET Core 3.0
- .NET Standard 2.0 and 2.1
- .NET Framework 4.6.1
According to the .NET Standard compatibility table, that means it should also work well with the following:
- Mono 5.4 and newer
- Xamarin.Android 8.0 and newer
- Xamarin.Mac 3.8 and newer
- Xamarin.iOS 10.14 and newer
- Universal Windows Platform 10.0.16299 and newer
Though supported in the Sentry SDK, some of these platforms are no longer supported by Microsoft. We recommend supported versions of each platform. For example, the current minimum version of .NET Framework supported by Microsoft is 4.6.2, though we would recommend 4.8 or newer.
For .NET and .NET Core, though Sentry can work with .NET Core 2.0 and newer, we recommend using "LTS" or "Current" versions, as labeled on the .NET downloads page. Currently that means using .NET Core 3.1, or .NET 6 and newer.
If you're using an older version of .NET Framework or Mono, our legacy SDK supports .NET Framework as early as 3.5.
To ensure a high degree of confidience, Sentry runs a comprehensive validation test suite for most SDK functionality. Our tests are run targeting the following platforms:
- .NET 6 - Windows, macOS, and Linux
- .NET Core 3.1 - Windows, macOS, and Linux
- .NET Framework 4.8 - Windows
- Mono 6.12.0 - macOS and Linux
- Android 8.1, 9, 10, 11, 12, 12.1 and 13 (API versions 27-33)
The information on this page is subject to change as our platform evolves. You may refer to the source code repository for the very latest status.